Lupita Nyong’o wins an Oscar for portraying a real life slave, and the first thing she did was thank Patsy for her inspiration.
Jared Leto wins an Oscar for portraying a trans woman, and doesn’t mention trans women at all.
I think the point makes itself.
Did you miss the part where he talked about aids? And the conflict in the Ukraine? Are you really dissing his speech right now? DID YOU EVEN HEAR IT?!?
i’m sick of these YA novels where the protagonist is ~the chosen one~
I’m gonna write a book from the perspective of the best friend of the chosen one.
Oops I got hooked on Scandal.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
- 1Q84, by Haruki Murakami
- Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell
- The Fault in our Stars, by John Green
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll
- Amy’s Eyes, by Richard Kennedy
- Young Goodman Brown, by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Coraline, by Neil Gaiman
- The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
I JUST GOT A SPLINTER UNDER MY NAIL AND I CAN’T GET IT OUT
fuck this really hurts and I can’t get it out help
did you try using pliers or a tweezer?
Yeah but it’s like UNDER my nail and I can’t get to it without cutting my nail down like way too short i’m so mad
i’ll pray for u
OMG I just cringed so hard. Um, soak it. Soak it in warm water. That’ll loosen stuff up. Then put baby oil on it and try to wriggle it out? Fuuuuu. I’m sorry. That sounds so fucking painful.
Okay you guys, I need your help with something. A girl in my class (I am also a girl) told me today that ‘Marvel is for boys.’(She’s 15, like me.) I (obviously) disagree with this, because it shouldn’t be for any specific gender.
So, to prove her wrong, please spread the word and reblog this to prove that Marvel isn’t just for boys.
*takes off iron man mask* Preaachhh
- 1: What would you name your future daughter? Elizabeth May
- 2: Do you miss anyone? Not right this second, no.
- 3: What if I told you that you were pretty? I would blush and look away while softly thanking you.
- 4: Ever been told “it’s not you, it’s me”? Nope.
- 5: What are you looking forward to in the next week? I get to be The Cat in the Hat on Saturday at my bookstore, I have Sunday off so I can spend the whole day prepping for the Oscars, then I get to watch The Oscars, and then on Monday I get paid. Those are my top things in the next week.
- 6: Did you go out or stay in last night? I worked till 9pm. Then I went home, read, and went to bed.
- 7: How late did you stay up last night? 11:30pm.
- 8: Honestly, has anyone seen you in your underwear in the past 3 months? Yes.
- 9: What were you doing at 12:30 this afternoon? Watching stuff on Hulu and testing out my new contacts.
- 10: Have you ever told somebody you loved them and not actually meant it? It's something I have a hard time saying, so I try to mean it when I do.
- 11: Could you go for the rest of your life without drinking alcohol? YES.
- 12: Have you pretended to like someone? Not really.
- 13: Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette? Yes.
- 14: Is there one person in your life that can always make you smile? Yes.
- 15: Is it hard for you to get over someone? No. Well, not in the past anyway.
- 16: Think back five months ago, were you single? Nope.
- 17: Have you ever cried from being so mad? Yes.
- 18: Hold hands with anyone this week? Yes.
- 19: Did your last kiss take place in/on a bed? No. It was just now. I was on the couch.
- 20: Who did you last see in person? Boyfriend. He's right over there. *waves*
- 21: What is the last thing you said out loud? "Yeah." I'm super interesting.
- 22: Have you kissed three or more people in one night? No.
- 23: Have you ever been to Paris? No.
- 24: Are you good at hiding your feelings? Not at all.
- 25: Do you use chap stick? Yes. I once used an entire tube of chapstick. It was my greatest accomplishment to date.
- 26: Who did you last share a bed with? Boyfriend.
- 27: Are you listening to music right now? No.
- 28: What is something you currently want right now? Chicken and Bruins. (T-1 hour).
- 29: Were your last three kisses from the same person? Yes.
- 30: How is your heart lately? Great. Protected.
- 31: Do you wear the hood on your hoodie? Sometimes.
- 32: When was the last time a member of the opposite sex hugged you? About 5 minutes ago.
- 33: What do people call you? Most of them use my name. Some prefer "hey you". Others have their own nicknames for me.
- 34: Have you ever wanted to tell someone something but didn’t? Uhhhh, probably? I can't think of any examples, but probably.
- 35: Are there any stressful situations in your life? Not really. I'm very content.
- 36: What are you listening to right now? My space heater humming, my boyfriend working out, my fingers tapping on the keyboard, my brain telling me to shut up and read the two books I have to finish for tomorrow before the Publisher Reps come. Oops.
- 37: What is wrong with you right now? I'm not reading.
- 38: Love really is a beautiful thing huh? It sure is.
- 39: Do you make wishes at 11:11? Yes.
- 40: What is on your wrists right now? A tattoo, a mome raths outgrabe bracelet from etsy (gift from boyfriend) and a friendship bracelet from the international fair at my alma mater (gift from boyfriend).
- 41: Are you single/taken/heartbroken/confused/waiting for the unexpected? Taken.
- 42: Where did you get the shirt/sweatshirt you’re wearing? wish.com
- 43: Have you ever regretted kissing someone? Nah.
- 44: Have you hugged someone within the last week? Yes. I told you, 5 minutes ago. Maybe 7, now.
- 45: Have you kissed anyone in the last five days? Yes. We've been over this.
- 46: What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping.
- 47: Do you miss the way things were six months ago? No, they were similar to how they are now, only six months ago I didn't have contacts or a Disney trip planned.
- 48: Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone? With boyfriend, preferably.
- 49: Have you ever been to New York? Yes. I love it there.
- 50: Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it? Very much so.